3 Efficient and Eco-Friendly Flooring
Solutions for Your Home
Being eco-friendly is “in” right now for interior designing for homes and businesses. Whether you’re looking for a way to be trendy or you want to do your part and make less of an eco-footprint, below are three great options to choose from for your flooring.
This is a 100% natural and sustainable flooring option for your home because cork comes from the bark of a tree. This bark regenerates itself every 9-12 years and can be harvested once again. If you’re a home with a lot of people, cork flooring is good solution to noisy footsteps over constantly dropped items which creates an incredibly calm atmosphere.
- It is a naturally fire-resistant surface.
- Cork flooring is great for areas that are cold or have harsh winters because cork insulates heat beautifully, keeping your toes warm and comfortable.
- Your floors will not crack under heavy furniture
Some other great qualities concerning cork flooring include:
Within recent years bamboo flooring has exploded with popularity! These floors are chic, readily available, and can create the look and feel of traditional flooring while still making a positive impact on the planet. Bamboo is an awesomely sustainable flooring option and a great option instead of wood! Bamboo will grow 50ft in five to seven years which is not even half of the time it would take hardwood on a tree to grow to maturity.
- Harvesting bamboo will not hurt the earths panda population because there are over 30 different types of bamboo that pandas will eat but the one used for flooring is not one of them
- Bamboo flooring finishes can be installed specifically for homes with pets and children to avoid damage
- Harvesting bamboo, unlike the harvesting for hardwood, will not harm the plant and it will grow back
As the era of rustic and modern collide create beautiful home designs, concrete floors have soared to the top of the popularity charts. Installations, like stained concrete, offer a round of benefits that most other flooring materials simply cannot do.
- Concrete flooring is resistant to scratching, impact, and staining
- For prone homes or in danger of flooding, concrete flooring with proper coatings are great water-resistant floors!
- The design opportunities offered to you by concrete floors is another reason why they have become so popular among homeowners
Home flooring has proven, with technology and awareness, to be able to check the boxes in aesthetics and functionality. Make a positive impact on the environment and have floors that are great for the only planet we have to live on!